Ama Dablam is a beautiful mountain, located almost due south of Mt. Everest and Mt. Lhotse in the Khumbu region. It stands high among many 22,000 to 24,000 ft peaks that surround the high valleys of this region, yet stands out by way of its classic beauty. It is a steep pyramid of ice with vertical walls and sharp, exposed ridges. Ama Dablam forms a lasting impression, as it is perhaps the most stunning mountain, together with Pumori along the popular trekking route of Everest Base Camp. Normally, we require three camps to set up above the base camp (4,570m), however, only two camps are used to spend the night. The normal route for climbing is South-West Ridge. The ascent from Base Camp to camp 1 is considered one of the most difficult days of the expedition. We cross a rocky bowl and climb the ridge frequently alternating the sides along the fixed lines to the camp II. Climbing the ridge involves severe rock climbing which leads to the top of a yellow tower. The climbing route from camp II changes significantly with the steep climb mixed with gully’s rock, ice and snow. The route leads to the ramp and climbs to an amphitheatre and then passes through steep snow and ice tunnel and finally, along the snow ridge to reach camp III. The summit from camp III requires steep climb on snow and ice to the right of a huge hanging glacier.
Lated as’ Mountain of the Spirit.’ The Best Climbing months are April May late Septmber and October. It can be approach from Lukla.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu via respective airlines.
Day 02-03: In Kathmandu preparation for Amadablam expedition with optional tour.
Day 04: Fly to Lukla 2,820 m and walk to Phakding 2,640 m – 04 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m – 05 hrs walks.
Day 06: Rest day at Namche for acclimatization and local hike.
Day 07: Trek to Thyangboche Monastery 3,867 m – 05 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Pangboche 3,900 m – 04 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Amadablam Base Camp 4,580 m – 04 hrs.
Day 10: Rest Day at Base Camp preparation for the climb.
Day 11-24: Ascent of Amadablam (14 days to summit).
Day 25: At base camp cleaning up and packing.
Day 26: Trek to Thyangboche – 05 hrs.
Day 27: Trek to Monjo 2,880 m – 06 hrs.
Day 28: Trek to Lukla – 04 hrs.
Day 29: Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel.
Day 30-31: Free day in Kathmandu with optional sightseeing tour.
Day 32: Transfer to international airport for flight homeward bound.
Amadablam Expedition Cost
Base Camp Service US$ 3000/- per person
Full board service US$ 5500/- per person
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with bed & Breakfast (3 star)
- Permit fee of Ama Dablam 6812m. Expedition
- Food for Trekking and expedition period
- Expedition crew: Base camp Guide, Cook, Cook helper
- Porters or Yak porter Lukla to Base camp & Base camp to Lukla
- Kathmandu -Lukla – Kathmandu flights with Cargo 50 KG per member
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance for Liaison officer, expedition crew insurance for Nepalese expedition crew.
- 1 tent for 1 person for Expedition
- Mat, dining tent, Toilet tent, Mess tent, Store tent, Table and chairs trekking for the expedition
- Local transportation in Kathmandu (Airport-hotel-airport)
- Emergency Oxygen, Mask and regulator
- Fare well dinner
Cost does not include:
- PERSONAL equipment for climbing & trekking
- Personal & medical Insurance of expedition
- Climbing food, Gas & stove above Base camp
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter incase needed
- Walkie Talkie permit & personal satellite phone permit
- Oxygen & Mask -regulator
- Personal expenses
- Bar Bills & beverage
- Garbage Deposit and Deposit fee will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don’t take back their garbage to Namche Bazaar & Kathmandu.